Thursday, May 5, 2011

Goal #75: Plant a Tree

Last weekend we went to Cary Spring Daze at Bond Park. They were giving away trees and one of the booths so I took one. I had forgotten that planting a tree was one of my goals.

They had started with 8 different kinds of trees but by the time we got there only 4 were available. Luckily the one I wanted was still available.

I picked a Columnar Oak tree. They grow to about 10'-15' across and 40'-60' tall. The good thing is they only grow .75'-1.25' per year. By the time it gets to be this big we won't live in this house and I won't have to worry about it!


I planted the tree on the back corner of our house where I used to plant vegetables. There wasn't anything in that bed at all.


Now there's a teeny tiny tree.


After that was done Ryan needed a drink and a snack.


And a little playtime with the chalk eggs he got for Easter.


He was so worn out he fell asleep eating his lunch. I love food too much to sleep through it.


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he fell asleep with food in his mouth! LOL

    ReplyDelete