Thursday, May 31, 2012

Goal #51: Climb to the top of a lighthouse

Haha, yeah... Since I moved to the suburbs of Chicago there aren't really any lighthouses to climb. There is one out on Lake Michigan but we don't go out there, as a family. It's too far to drive and my kids just aren't of the age where I can trust we will have a decent time without having to turn around and come home after an hour. When we were in NC in April our friends got married right next to a lighthouse but I don't think it was open to climb. 


Yesterday I took Ryan to a local farm that has a butterfly house, walking trails, and a grain silo. Yes, I climbed to the top of the 4 story grain silo that has been converted into an observation tower. I'm going to count this as my lighthouse climb. Ryan climbed, by himself, all the way up and then all the way back down. I carried Lucas. It was a really nice view at the top!



1 comment: