Friday, December 17, 2010

Roasted Red Pepper Stuffed Chicken Breasts

I made these last night along with a Normandy vegetable medley with garlic butter sauce. The original recipe came from Rachel Ray. I can't find it online but I'll just tell you my version. Ryan liked it too!

Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serves 2 (or however many you need :)

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4" thickness
1 jar of roasted red peppers
Laughing Cow spreadable swiss cheese (Garlic Herb is what I use) 30 calories per triangle!

Spread an entire triangle of swiss cheese over one chicken breast (I patted them dry with paper towels). Place a single layer of the roasted red peppers over the cheese, roll up and secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder on the outside of the chicken. Rachel did hers in the skillet but last night I just put them on a baking sheet, covered in foil and sprayed with cooking spray, in the oven at 350. I think they baked for about 30 minutes but I kept checking them with the thermometer. They were at 160 when I pulled them out. It's reccommended that poultry be 180 but mine is ALWAYS dry when I let it get to that.

You can make quite a few of these roll ups with one jar of peppers and 1 package of the cheese. I had about 1/2 a jar of peppers left over after making 3. I think there are 8 triangles of cheese in a package. Just adjust your chicken breasts accordingly!

No comments:

Post a Comment