Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Goal #95: Create 10 things found on craft blogs (6-8/10) & Father's Day

When Jimmy took Ryan up to Baltimore I had Jess over to paint. I had found a project HERE via One Pretty Thing. The supplies were cheap and the painting turned out well, I thought. Easy, easy!!



Here's Jess'. I loved the colors she used. She plans on putting this in her daughter's room.



I made a few camera strap covers recently. I made one for my friend who is a professional photographer but I forgot to get a picture of it before I gave it to her. Here's the one I made for my camera. It is very comfortable.

I tried another tutorial but the strap was too small. I remade it 3 times making sure my measurements were correct but it was still too small so I found another tutorial.

Camera Strap Cover Tutorial

I didn't make it "patchwork" like the tutorial showed or do a lens cap pocket. Maybe another time...



And lastly, I bought some giant cothespins at A.C. Moore to decorate for Father's Day. Then I found this tutorial but instead of using scrapbook paper I just painted them. The one on the left is meant to be set upright on Jimmy's desk and the one on the right has two strong magnets on the back so he can put it up on his board at work to hold photos or whatever he wants.

http://www.craftcritique.com/2007/05/altered-giant-clothespin.html


I bought a new frame (50% off at A.C. Moore for $14, ahem! Can't beat that.) and put Ryan's birth announcement (left) and Lucas' birth announcement (right) and a picture of the both of them in the middle. We also gave Jimmy a new belt since the one he wears he's had since high school and it's time... He got a new Tervis Tumbler and a facial and massage from Bloom Skin Spa.


Jimmy fed Lucas while I made us all breakfast (with help from Ryan).


We love you Jimmy! You're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment