Tuesday, June 26, 2012

8 Years of Wedded Bliss

Today is our 8 year wedding anniversary!! I am happier than the day I was married. My husband is the best.

We are getting our bedroom and bathroom painted. We haven't done anything to our bedroom since we moved in so I've bought all new decorations, bedding, window treatments, etc. We talked about it and we were going to have the redecoration as our anniversary gift. I put together an "almost free" gift for Jimmy today.



Date Night in a Jar.



I saw this idea around the internet and Pinterest. Had I not procrastinated this would've looked a lot better. I tried spray painting my craft sticks this morning but it just was not going well so I wrote on plain craft sticks.

Here's what I did.

Supplies:
Glass jar washed and dried
Spray Paint (optional)
Craft Sticks (dollar store)
Sharpie
Ribbon or other decorations

Spray paint the lid of your jar to make it pretty. I sprayed it yellow because that goes with our new bedroom decor. I printed off a label and put it inside the jar with tape. Had I had sticky labels it would have put it on the outside but I didn't feel like trying to glue it and what not.

Come up with all your at home date night ideas and write them on the craft sticks. I came up with 50 things.




Some of the ideas are:


Make a music playlist
YouTube Date
Photo Booth
Minute to Win it Games
Hot Chocolate and Music
Italian Night (Italian Food, Italian Dessert, and an Italian Movie)
Borrow a TV series from the library
Bonfire and S'mores
His Choice
Her Choice
Let's Talk Questionaire
Home Project
Play Wii
Scrabble
Karaoke
Look at the Stars
Popcorn & Chick Flick
Popcorn & Action Movie
Plan a vacation
Play 20 questions
Paper Mache
Play Cornhole
Make "Our Story" book for the kids
Make a map of places we've been
Make a map of places we want to go
Beer Tasting
Make a dessert together
Make a mug for the other person
Paint Party
Paint a Portrait
Make new cocktails
Drinking Games
Go to bed early
New Board game
Penny Can (from Cougar Town. lol)
Workout
Massages
Pedicures (yes, Jimmy likes getting these)
Puzzle
Look through old photos and videos
Photo Booth (set up the camera on auto timer)
Would you rather game
Candle lit bubble bath
and of course I threw in a few that just said "Sex". Yes, a bit personal but you know, that's a very important part of a healthy marriage. ;)


So my idea is that Jimmy and I will pick a night we want to keep as our "Date Night" and we'll take turns picking from the jar each week (pick the weekend before to give planning time). Whatever is picked that person will have to plan the night around the date. From drinks to snacks, etc. Most dates don't really require planning.



No comments:

Post a Comment