Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Goal #53: Cook 3 things from every cookbook I own (45 recipes/15 cookbooks=45 recipes)

I realized I had never posted this recipe.


I made my aunt’s salmon croquettes a few months back but I’m just now getting around to posting the recipe. I’m babysitting for my dear friend and lucky for me they are asleep and I have a few hours to myself to get caught up on my blog posts. 

I love my Aunt Linda and I love her cooking. The women in my family are amazing cooks!!

Salmon Croquettes
Linda Switzer

1 large can pink salmon, drained, bones removed
1 small onion, minced
1 large egg, beaten
1 T. creamed horseradish
½ tsp. dried dill week
1/3 sleeve saltine crackers, crushed
¼ tsp. salt (more if desired)
1/8 tsp. coarse black pepper
Yellow cornmeal
Peanut or canola oil for frying

Flake salmon into mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients except cornmeal and oil. Mix well. Divide into 7 or 8 patties. Press patties into cornmeal.

Heat oil on medium high heat. Add patties and fry on each side until medium firm and browned. Drain on paper towels.

These are delicious served with a sauce of mayonnaise, ketchup. Horseradish, lemon juice and a little mustard (remoulade sauce). 

No comments:

Post a Comment