Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Goal #7: Create a will

This was probably the most depressing goal to complete. Having to think about my death and where my assets and children will go after I'm gone. There's no question about where they will go but putting it on paper for someone to read in the future was kind of hard. I still need to get it signed but it's made and printed out. 

I wanted to make the process easy. I'm sure making things complicated after one is gone with dividing up assets, etc. makes it really hard on the executor of the will. I'm executor on three people's wills. I hope they are simple and straightforward. 

I think the most important part was the burial requests portion. Not to be any more morbid than needed but I requested to be cremated following an open casket funeral (if my CHILDREN wanted it open casket.) I don't think Jimmy would care either way but I want my kids to make that decision. They can decide what they are comfortable with. (I'm getting emotional typing this) so....The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment