Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The End of the Goals Challenge!

Today is June 5, 2013. 1001 days since I started this goals challenge. I have accomplished so much, expanded my family, started a business (Jennifer Shea Photography) if you haven't checked it out!) and most importantly, grown closer to the Lord.

This challenge was just that, challenging. Trying to get everything done was crazy. Some of the simplest goals I could not complete. The ones I failed on were:

3. Volunteer 4 times per year (1/11)
6. Read 50 books (27/50) 
15. Play golf at least 1 time every 6 months (0/5)
24. Take Ryan Camping 
26. Take Ryan to a baseball game 
27. Grow garlic (1/2 Done) (Failed - tornado ruined the crop)
32. Attend 2 Wine and Design classes (1/2)

54. Go to bed at 9pm every night for a week
55. Take a bubble bath once a week for a month. (1/4)
83. Make a sculpture 
89. Stick with my Day/Night devotional for a year 
100. Hang dry all laundry for 2 weeks 


Some of these I'm really disappointed that I could not complete. Namely volunteering, making time for myself to take bubble baths, and especially sticking with my devotional - every day. 

Some of these goals are going to be fulfilled this summer after the fact. We are going camping and to a baseball game soon. 

I want to challenge each person that reads my blog to set up your own goals list, even if it is only 10 or so goals. Try some things you would not do normally or you've been wanting to do but haven't taken that leap of faith to do. I did 101 Goals in 1001 days. That gives you time to actually complete every goal (even though I didn't finish some).

A special thanks to Jimmy for funding a lot of these goals. :)

I might start another blog for just family things and totally not goals related. I might just change this one up. Either way, my followers will be kept in the loop!

I had a blast doing this and even though some people asked "Why are you doing this?" because they thought I was crazy...try it. Accomplishment is a wonderful feeling.

My final goal:

101. Donate $5 to a charity for every goal not met or failed


Going to the Red Cross for the tornado victims in Oklahoma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment