Thursday, October 14, 2010

So Sorry!

I'm sorry I've been MIA for a little while. I've been a little busy but it seems like I haven't done anything. Ryan's been sick with a cold and the 3-4 teeth he's got coming in still haven't broken through. This has made for a very cranky baby.

We took him to a Panther's game on Sunday. The temperature was around 1000 and the sun was beating down on us. We left after the 2nd quarter. The Panther's were losing and there was no sign of them turning their act around. We ate lunch at this little biker bar looking place called Mac's. Our friends Rob and Kandyce went with us to the game and recommended we eat there. It was really good! We ordered a barbecue plate that came with a few sides. We got mac 'n cheese which was just heavenly and some black eyed pea something or another that really didn't have much flavor. The meat was awesome. The plate had brisket, beer can chicken, pulled pork, and ribs. The brisket was my favorite but all the other meat was really tasty as well. We were stuffed when we left there.

I haven't cooked anything new that I can count towards my goals. I made the Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti again and froze half of it for a lazy day when I don't feel like cooking. My aunt told me that a similar recipe is in our family cookbook. I looked it up but there were some missing ingredients. I like the addition of the pimentos.

Last night I cooked Sausage Pepper and Onion Hoagies by Rachel Ray. I made them a long time ago when I was living in Greensboro. I had forgotten how spicy "Hot Italian Sausage" is. The recipe calls for Cubanelle peppers but I could only find Anaheim which was ok since they are milder. I still got a contact burn from the Anaheim. I need to get some gloves to use when I cut peppers. This usually happens with a jalapeno but I didn't think a mild pepper like that would do it too. This is a 30 minute recipe but it took me 45 minutes since I had to feed Ryan his dinner in the middle of all of that. I only made half the recipe and there was enough for 4 sandwiches. As Rachel says "Yum-O!"

I just got back from the OB and I got my first ultrasound with baby #2. I'm a week behind from what we originally thought. They pushed my due date to May 31st. Everything looked good and there was only one in there! It sure is amazing how that little 1.5cm baby can make you feel so sick at times. Hormones..ugh. I read the other day that morning sickness is a good indicator of a healthy pregnancy though. My appetite sure hasn't suffered with the nausea either.

Last night I watched the 33rd miner being pulled from 2,300 ft. below ground in Chile. It is a miracle that they all survived, much less survived down there in that small room for 70 days. I pray that their lives can get back to normal, that there will be no long term health or mental effects, and that this will never happen again! It's rare that we hear about survivors from mining accidents. God was definitely watching over all of them and guiding them to their safe room. Kudos to the drilling team from Texas that was able to drill that hole to get them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment