Monday, November 19, 2012

Goal #57: Go ice skating

Never have I been so irritated to complete a goal as I was with this one. 

I took my skates with us to Ryan's skating lesson so I could skate with him during free skate. I needed them sharpened but they told me that they needed to be ground off and sharpening wouldn't help. They didn't have that machine so I rented skates. Not a problem. 

The whole time during Ryan's lesson he wasn't listening to the teacher and he would crawl around on the ice, away from the teacher. He was standing up better than last week but as soon as he'd move he'd fall down. Then crawl around for a bit until the teacher stood him back up. 

He wasn't the worst acting kid out there though. There was one who laid on the ice, face up, the whole time. The poor teacher tried to pick him up off the ice a few times and he was a rag doll. She gently laid him back down and went on. 

When the lesson was over I put on the rental skates and headed onto the ice. Ryan immediately started crying for his dad. I told him I was skating with him today. Apparently that's not what he wanted because he would NOT STAND UP. I was bent over holding him up trying to get him to stand (probably undoing everything the chiropractor has done over the last few weeks). We gave up when he said he had to pee. Then, and only then, did he actually attempt to skate with me back to the door. Little stinker. 

Jimmy gave me the cut off sign through the glass and started taking off Ryan's skates. After all that, I was on the ice for 5 minutes. 

Maybe Jimmy will take me ice skating again (wink*wink*). I know you read this blog babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment