Monday, November 19, 2012

Goal #68: Make bread from scratch 4 times (2/4)

We had Thanksgiving with friends this weekend and let me tell you, it was amazing! The food and company were fabulous. We are truly blessed to have such great friends here. There were several couples and everyone brought something.

Here's what was on the menu:
Turkey
Ham
Green Beans
Corn Casserole
Squash Casserole
Potatoes (like loaded mashed potatoes)
Stuffing
Cranberry Sauce
Fruit Platter that looked like a turkey
Veggie Platter that looked like a turkey
Apples with Caramel Dip
Fruit Salad
Pumpkin Pie with Pecan struesel topping and bourbon whipped cream
Rolls
Bread
(I feel like there was something else!)

I brought some bread I had made yesterday from Frugal Living Link HERE.

I was really amazed at how well this bread turned out with little effort. I love using my dutch oven and here's yet another way for me to utilize it. Yes, it is a long process overall but hands on time is less than 7 minutes I'd say. 

I will be making this again. A+ recipe.

Saying that this loaf was GIGANTIC is not an exaggeration. 






No comments:

Post a Comment