Thursday, November 18, 2010

(Addicting) Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins

I got this recipe from my mom and I always look forward to making these in the fall. I make them sometimes throughout the year. I stock up on pumpkin puree and freeze bags of whole, fresh cranberries so I always have them on hand. For whatever reason the stores around here don't stock pumpkin puree until at least October.

So here it is! I hope you enjoy them as much as my mom and I do!

Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins

2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cooking oil
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 1/4 cup flour
1 T. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup chopped cranberries (when I used frozen cranberries I put 2 cups in a bowl and let them thaw. This yields about 1 1/2 cups chopped)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all wet ingredients with sugar. Combine dry ingredients in a separate larger bowl.

Make a well in the dry ingredients and mix in wet ingredients. Do not over beat. Fold in cranberries.

Spoon into muffin tin filling each cup 2/3 of the way.

Bake for 30 minutes. Test doneness with a toothpick.

**Note**Sometimes I use liners and other times I don't. I don't like to fuss with the wrappers when I'm ready to eat them so I prefer my muffins without the liner. Also, my mom freezes some muffins after they are baked for a treat later. I prefer to eat all mine at once...

Bon Apetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment