Thursday, November 4, 2010

Goal #11: Try 75 new recipes (3/75) & Halloween!

On Saturday we carved our pumpkins....


 Since Jimmy had never eaten pumpkin seeds I told him I'd make some. I was in search of a sweet recipe for the seeds. I found this one: Sugar and Spice Roasted Seeds.  I didn't have allspice but I did have pumpkin pie spice. I subbed the pumpkin pie spice for the allspice and nutmeg and reduced the amount of cinnamon and once they were on the baking sheet I sprinkled just a little bit more sugar on top. I guess I really didn't use that recipe at all... I made 2 cups of seeds and they were very good!!


Ryan was enjoying himself while we carved.




Jimmy took Ryan Trick-or-Treating with our neighborhood kids on Sunday night. He said that Ryan did really well. He walked some, got carried some, and rode in a wagon some. 




It was bed time by the time they got back & he was pooped!



Rewind back to Saturday. Our town had a fall festival with lots of vendors and stuff for kids to do like bounce houses and rides. This was one of the 2 rides that was small enough for Ryan.


He just kept staring at the motor in the center. I know he was getting dizzy. This ride was not going very slow!!


Then we took him over to the petting zoo. He saw a miniature horse, or pony. What's the difference?

Then he saw the goats.


There was a llama that didn't look too happy. I was waiting for it to spit. All I could think of was that line from Napoleon Dynamite where he goes out to feed their llama and says "Tina, you fat lard, come get some DINNER!... Tina, eat. Food. Eat the FOOD!"

Rabbits.


And the sweetest cow. A little sour towards the end. She got up and pooped everywhere.

  

I guess my child has that effect on animals.


 One thing is for sure - he's not scared of animals.



Teaser:
I have been working on some crafts recently for a friend's baby shower. I would love to post the pics and tutorials but I'm not sure if she reads this blog. I want it to be a surprise! After her shower I will post all of the things. Check back after the beginning of December for all of that fun stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment