Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tonight's Dinner - Scrumptious!

I didn't try any new recipes but I could not stop eating what I made for dinner tonight. If you do not have one of these:




get one ASAP! I have the Deep Dish Chicken Cooker (linky). They make the juiciest chicken, ever. Tonight, I smeared the rinsed and dried chicken with olive oil and made a dry rub of Tex Joy Original, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. In the well I put some of the rub, a chicken bouillon cube and filled with water. I usually use beer but I didn't want to waste 3/4 of a beer. It's alcohol abuse! I also dropped in 2 fresh cloves of garlic into the chicken cavity. I think I baked it for about 2.25 hours. It was 180 degrees when I pulled it out.


I also made roasted red potatoes tossed in olive oil, kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, oregano, basil, garlic and onion powders. I baked them for 40 minutes, stirring twice. I served those with a hollandaise sauce (the McCormick brand sauce mix). This is the part I could not stop eating...and the chicken skin.


And last but not least, mom's squash. 3 quartered and sliced crook neck yellow squash, 1/4 of a large onion chopped, 3 small garlic cloves minced. I melted 3 big spoon fulls of bacon grease in a skillet then dropped in the garlic and onion. Once that was soft I added the squash, and lots of pepper. Pop a lid on it and cook til soft. I don't know how my mom makes hers but I think it tasted like hers.


I can't wait until leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Stay tuned for the Tortellini Florentine Soup I am making with the leftover chicken. So easy and delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment