Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

I feel like I've been so busy. I've been cooking new recipes, and lots of old recipes, and crafting. I can share the craft I did last night but you'll still have to wait for these other 3 things I've made!!

Goal # 95: Create 10 things found on craft blogs (1/10)

So I'm going to a birthday party for a 2 year old girl next Saturday. I figured I'd handmake her something since she'll probably get tons of toys anyway. I decided to make her a fleece blanket.

I found several sites and videos of how to make a no sew fleece blanket but here's one of them...No Sew Fleece Blanket Video

The fleece print choice this lady made reminds me of those t-shirts people, especially older men, wear that have wolves or deer on them. Ha!

When I bought the fleece and the girl was cutting it I decided to go with 1 yard instead of 1.5 yards. I wasn't thinking of the width of the bolt of fleece. Obviously it was folded in half on the bolt. The blanket is a little long compared to the width but I'm sure a 2 year old won't mind. It's so cute though. I want to make a giant one for me to cuddle up in when I watch TV!

Here's a picture of my finished product. This project took me about and hour and a half.



Goal #  : Cook 75 new recipes (4 and 5 of 75)

YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY!!!!!

Last week I made Chad's Slow Cooker Taco Soup. I put the crock pot in the garage so I wouldn't have to smell it cooking all day. Last time I made something in the crock pot I didn't want to eat what I made for dinner because I was sick of smelling it. Keeping it in the garage worked great!

The soup was delicious! The only thing I did wrong was putting Miller Lite in it instead of a dark beer. I should've just used beef broth. I could taste the beer the first night but the second day for lunch I couldn't taste it at all.

This past weekend I made some pumpkin pancakes. They are called Candied Ginger Pumpkin Pancakes. I didn't have the crystalized ginger but since the pumpkin pie spice had ginger in it I didn't worry about it. If you make these, thin the batter down more with buttermilk. My batter was too thick and the center of the pancake was just a little gooey. They were still outstanding!! Jimmy kept saying "Wow, these are really good!"

I made some for Ryan without the pecans before I stirred them in. He ate it but I think it was a take it or leave it for him. Jimmy dipped a few pieces in my lower sugar syrup and he really liked them then!  

No comments:

Post a Comment