Thursday, July 28, 2011

Goal #11: Try 75 new recipes (31-32/75)

I'm skipping # 28-30 since I miscounted and cooked 4 recipes from 2 of my cookbooks and had a new recipe tucked into another post that I forgot about.

Goal #11: Try 75 new recipes (31/75)

I made this last night. It was easy to prepare but didn't have a whole lot of flavor. Instead of fresh parsley I used Italian Seasoning and added pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. I also used Wacky Mac spirals instead of penne. I think this dish would be better if I tried the Philidelphia Cream Cheese Cooking Cream. I haven't tried those yet but they would probably add some flavor this dish was missing.

Creamy Chicken Penne
Kraft Online

2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
3/4 lb.  boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 Tbsp.  olive oil
1 pkg. (6 oz. ) snow peas
1 small  red pepper, chopped
2 tsp. minced garlic
2 Tbsp.  butter
1 Tbsp. flour
1-1/2 cups  milk
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
1/2 cup  DI GIORNO Grated Romano Cheese
1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley

COOK pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, cook chicken and onions in hot oil in large skillet on medium heat 6 to 8 min. or until chicken is done, stirring frequently. Add peas, peppers and garlic; cook and stir 1 min. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
MELT butter in medium saucepan on medium heat. Stir in flour until well blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to boil; cook 2 min. or until thickened, stirring constantly. Add cream cheese and Romano; cook 1 to 2 min. or until cream cheese is completely melted and sauce is well blended, stirring constantly.
DRAIN pasta; place in large bowl. Add chicken mixture and sauce; toss to coat. Top with parsley


Goal #11: Try 75 new recipes (32/75)

We had this tonight. The meat was falling apart and pretty tasty. I used crimini mushrooms (which I love) but I wasn't a fan of them in this dish. I served this over rice.

  • 1 pound Cubed Steak (about 4 Pieces)
  • Flour For Breading
  • 3 Tablespoons Oil
  • 1 cup Sliced Mushrooms (optional)
  • 3 cups Water, Divided
  • 3 envelopes Beef Gravy Or Mushroom Gravy, 1 Ounce Packets (beef, Mushroom Beef, Herbed Beef, Mushroom...mix And Match To Your Liking)
Roll cubed steak in flour.
Place in hot oil for frying. Brown on both sides (you don’t have to cook it all the way through – just sear it).
Place steak in crock pot along with mushrooms. Cover with two cups of water.
Cook on low for 8 hours.
Half an hour before serving mix the gravy packs with the remaining cup of water.
Pour the gravy mixture over the cubed steak. Let cook for 30 minutes more or until the gravy has thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment