Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Goal #95: Create 10 things found on craft blogs (10/10)

Yesterday we made Ryan and activity board modeled after the one on this blog: Counting Coconuts


I got a piece of scrap wood at Home Depot and Jimmy added a little edging around it with a piece of of wood we had in the garage. On the board are two hinges, two springy door stops, a hook and eye lock and two bolts (one with washers and a hex nut and one with washers and a wing nut). I want to add a door chain lock and a sliding lock but I didn't want to pay what they were selling for at HD. I made this board for $18 (the wood was the most expensive part at $7). If you had a scrap piece of wood laying around to use this would be much, much cheaper.

I didn't want Ryan to have to use tools just yet so I modified it. I know he'd end up banging the hammer onto the tile floor or stabbing the coffee table with the screwdriver!


No comments:

Post a Comment