Monday, October 24, 2011

Goal #44: Fly a kite

If you can believe it, I have never flown a kite in my life. I've always seen people on the beach flying them and wanted to try. And old neighbor had a parafoil but I never actually got to take control of it.

We got a Toy Story box kite this weekend. Jimmy and I wanted to get this Blue Angels Jet kite that had two handles (stunt kite) but we let Ryan get the one he wanted. Trust me, we tried to talk up the jet kite but he wanted Woody and Buzz....When we brought it home all we heard was "My Kite!" and "Open Dis!" since it was still in the packaging.

After Ryan's nap yesterday we went to a soccer field by the highschool that was open and no power lines close. The Weather Channel said that the wind was blowing 10 miles an hour. This particular kite needs at least 7mph winds so we thought we were good. The wind was not constant. We had to wait, and wait for some gusts and then try.

Ryan liked holding onto the string but he liked holding the kite better. After awhile he said "All Done!" because he just wanted to play with the kite and not let it fly!




When it was my turn, I got the kite up pretty high. Higher than these pics. Jimmy was tending to Lucas...


The pull on the kite string was pretty strong even though the winds weren't. It was really neat.


We were out there pretty close to dusk and I thought the sky was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment