Monday, October 24, 2011

Goal # 59: Go bowling (& take Ryan)

Jimmy went back to NC this past week to be with the movers as they packed up our house. I tried to think of some new things I could do with Ryan so we weren't sitting around the apartment for 4 days. I thought this would be a good time to go bowling.

Now, I haven't bowled since before Ryan was born. It has been at least 3 years and I certainly didn't do it with a 21+ pound 5 month old on my hip either.

We went on a day that was rainy and cold. Perfect indoor activity but actually getting everyone out of the car and inside was a challenge. We all got soaked. Oh well.

We got our shoes.

Mine weren't anything special but they had the cutest little toddler bowling shoes for Ryan. Mini bowling shoes! Adorable!!

We got our bowling balls.

Ryan got a 6lb. ball. The smallest I could find and I think I got a 9 lb. Probably a good thing I got a lighter ball since I couldn't support it with my left hand. That hand was busy...

We got a ramp.

They had a cute little ramp that looked like a dinosaur. It wasn't like these other metal ramps (that are actually kind of tall for a kid). It was hard plastic and had a little lip on the top so Ryan could set his ball there without it rolling down until he was ready.

I got my camera ready. Snapped a pic. BEEP! No flippin' card! What the heck? How did I forget that?

It's ok. Jimmy wants to go again soon. So we'll get pictures then.

I either forget my camera all together or forget the card or the battery is dead! I don't carry my big camera bag around and that has all my extras in it.

Ryan did really well. He was able to carry his own ball to the ramp each time and send her on down the lane. This is a good game that teaches "taking turns". On my turns he had to stand at the end of the ball return and wait until his turn. By the end of the first game he was getting disinterested but ended up bowling in the low 90's (with the bumpers).

I bowled a 98. Got 2 strikes and a few spares. All done with Lucas on my hip. Low score, I know. It's been 3 years though!!! Jimmy laughed at me when I told him the scores.

Just wait Jimmy, I'll beat you next time we go bowling!

No comments:

Post a Comment