Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Goal #31: Get to where I can drink 1 gallon of water/day

I guess I didn't realize how much water I drink a day. That is mostly all I ever drink. I have an occasional cup of coffee on the weekend or a glass of wine or cocktail but water really is my beverage of choice. I couldn't tell you the last time I had soda.

I was able to drink a whole gallon without a problem yesterday. I felt great! Hydrated. Very hydrated. And I wasn't running to the restroom every 5 minutes.

I recently read a book regarding the water cure that basically says asthma and allergies (and some other ailments) can be cured or reduced with water and sea salt. What it talks about really makes sense but half the book is letters to the Dr. Telling their story of how the water cure worked for them. Boring.. The book does not say to drink a gallon of water a day but there is a formula based on weight. The book is called ABC of Asthma, Allergies & Lupus by F. Batmanghelidj, M.D.

The body is made of roughly 70% water. The Earth is about 70% water as well. Coincidence? I think not.

Drink up folks! And leave those other nasty, empty calorie, sodium and sugar laden drinks on the shelf!!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment