Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Goal #61: Make a pillowcase dress for my niece

I finally got around to doing this one. I found a VERY cute pillowcase from Savers (thrift store)  for $2 and I had some yellow fabric I thought would look adorable with it.


I used the directions off of THIS blog.


I made the bias tape that I used around the armholes. Totally not worth the time and then I ended up not needing very much... I used the same homemade bias tape to make the "ribbon" (spaghetti tubing ironed flat).   I spent all that time making the bias tape and I didn't want to spend even more time cutting another strip that would just get folded in half and sewn. I just unfolded the bias tape and ironed it in half. 



I think it turned out pretty darn cute. I'm debating on adding any more of the yellow. Maybe a wide strip across the bottom? 

I wanted to get this made before she came to visit a few weeks ago so I could get her picture. Yeah, that didn't happen...



P.S. I only used 1 yard of ribbon (bias tape made into ribbon).

No comments:

Post a Comment