Friday, January 7, 2011

Goal #37. Visit a state I've never been to


This past weekend we headed up to Snowshoe, West Virginia to meet up with Jimmy's aunt, uncle, and their kids. I had never been to West Virginia...



Cue banjo music.


The drive was really pretty. I won't say it was a nice drive because it was the windiest roads I've ever been on...and I'm from Colorado.

We had to stop at a grocery store to get a few last things for dinner that night. This was the only store we saw for hours. I'm glad we stopped because it was the last grocery store before the ski resort.


Cue "Twilight Zone" music. At least the bathrooms were clean.

We had to pick up french bread and I was going to get some saltine crackers; for me and Ryan since he had just gotten sick in the truck. Yuck! They didn't even have Zesta or Premium brand. All they had was a store brand...I'll buy Great Value or any other store brand but, um, FOODLAND brand saltines? I'll pass.

Think Piggly Wiggly in podunk Mississippi. Only crappier.

Jimmy got the bread from the deli. It was Pit-A-Ful. I wish I had taken a picture of the bread. They had 2 loaves left and it looked like someone ran them over with their tractor and then shoved them as hard as they could inside the bread bag. Thankfully, the bread was actually really tasty!


We finally made it to the ski resort after 6+ hours in the car. Snowshoe Mountain is a really, really nice resort. Apparently the developers of this resort also developed a resort in Vail, CO. Everything is on top of the mountain. There's a village with restaurants and shops and lots of condos.

We stayed in a condo with Jimmy's family that was about 1/8th of a mile from a ski trail head.

I, of course, did not ski. I've never skied in my life. I'll wait til I'm not pregnant to try it. :) I told Jimmy our baby didn't need to be banged around in the womb. With parents like us, they'll need all the help they can get.

Right before Jimmy took off on the 2nd day I snapped these pics with his iPod. 








Ryan loved the snow! This was his second time this winter playing in the snow.


He had one of his cousins to keep him entertained too. She's such an angel.






This is part of the village condos.



She kept making snowballs for Ryan to throw. He threw them at her, me, Trish and random people skiing and snowboarding by.



I don't have any pictures of the 5 year old or 12 year old cousin skiing but I do have this funny video. Jimmy's uncle took our Flip video with him on the slopes. He took 25 videos. Those kids are little pros!!

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

Good Times!


No comments:

Post a Comment