Sunday, January 9, 2011

Goal #32. Attend 2 Wine and Design classes (1/2)

Last night I went to Wine and Design with my neighbor Lisa. This was actually my second time attending. I went before I started this goals challenge though. Which means I have to go back again!

We painted Van Gogh's Irises. This one was more challenging that the first painting I did. Here is the original:


Here is what the teacher painted:



The one on the right is the model and on the left is the one she painted throughout the class. She showed us step by step what to do. There were no mistakes. Everyone's painting looked similar but was unique.


We started by painting the entire canvas a pale yellow then dabbed some green in the upper left corner.


Then we painted the dirt.


And then the little flowers, I think they are poppies?


Painting the leaves was fun.



Meet Lisa.



Here's my finished product.



And here's all the ladies that attended.


I can't wait to go back. They have date night where you paint your partner in a Picasso inspired way. There's also and Andy Warhol pop art inspired painting where you send in a photo of the person you want to paint.

Go to their website www.wineanddesignnc.com to see their calendar and schedule of paintings. This is really fun for a girl's night.

No comments:

Post a Comment