Sunday, January 16, 2011

Goal #78: Eat at 5 local restaurants we haven't tried yet (4/5)

Today we ate at Bull Feathers in Fuquay. My friend Deb had mentioned it a few times and I thought we should try it out. It's a small restaurant and bar but adequate. They were pretty busy too.

Ryan loved the train that goes around the top of the restaurant. He also had his eye on an 11 month old girl at the next table.

We ordered their Nacho-Everyday Nachos which consists of Tortilla Chips, Slow-Cooked Chili, Queso, Cheddar/Jack Cheese, Diced Tomatoes, Black Olives, Jalapenos, Salsa, Sour Cream.

and their Mouth-Watering Wings with Classic Buffalo sauce.

I thought the wings were better than the nachos. The sauce wasn't too hot, the wings were big, and perfectly crispy. Jimmy still says that My Way Tavern in Holly Springs has the best wings. I've never had them there so I can't attest to that. I hardly ever eat wings out. Or ribs. I just don't like how messy they are. I don't like looking barbaric when I eat.

Jimmy said the Nachos from Backyard Bistro in Raleigh are way better. I've never had those either. I thought they were pretty good.

I have a few complaints...Most places don't charge to get half the wings in an order a different flavor. They charge $1 extra. Also, they only give you two tiny pieces of celery and charge you $.79 for more. I'm not sure how much more... The celery is the best part especially when you just ate a spicy wing. They could throw in a couple of carrot sticks too! They got busy after we got our food, but it did take quite awhile for our food to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment