Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Fudge and Crochet

Goal #53 : Cook 3 recipes out of every cookbook I own (5)

I made two batches of White Chocolate Cookies and Cream Fudge for gifts. This recipe makes a whole lot!

I got this recipe out of a Southern Living cookbook for Christmas that my mom gave me back in 2008. It's great for gift giving since it only takes 7 minutes to make! I forgot the salt both times but it was still delicious!



Ingredients

  • 1  cup  sugar
  • 3/4  cup  butter
  • 1  (5-oz.) can evaporated milk
  • 2  (12-oz.) packages white chocolate morsels
  • 1  (7-oz.) jar marshmallow cream
  • 3  cups  coarsely crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 25 cookies), divided
  • Pinch of salt

Preparation

Line a greased 9" square pan with aluminum foil; set aside.
Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add white chocolate morsels, marshmallow cream, 2 cups crushed cookies, and salt. Stir until morsels melt.
Pour fudge into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cookies over fudge, gently pressing cookies into fudge. Cover and chill until firm (about 1 to 2 hours).
Lift uncut fudge in aluminum foil from pan; remove foil, and cut fudge into squares.
Christmas with Southern Living 2008, Oxmoor House, MAY 2008

Ryan and Jimmy crushed the cookies!



Goal # 95: Create 10 things off craft blogs (5 & 6/10)
I found this crocheted swirly twirly scarf here. The pattern looked pretty easy so on our long trip home from Snowshoe, WV this weekend I completed it. I think I spent close to 5 hours on it. 200 chain stitches, 800 double crochet, and 800 single crochet takes awhile.
Here's a photo of the final product. Since I used white I think it looks like small intestines....But they are cute small intestines... This isn't really a scarf to keep warm with.


Goal # 14: Crochet a Hat
On the way to Snowshoe, WV (more on that later) I crocheted a flower (Goal #95) to go on a hat I made last week. I also crocheted the same hat, bigger size and different color (below).



This is a shell stitch beanie. Aside from my own child I think this baby is one of the most beautiful I've seen. Perfect little model. I made this hat for a friend of mine who is having a baby in a few weeks. I screwed up and used 1 hook size smaller than called for. I hope the hat fits! My friend said her first born had a small head.


I never knew crocheting hats was so easy. I really love the way this pattern turns out. It doesn't seem like the hat will stretch out like some of the other homemade crocheted hats I've received.

No comments:

Post a Comment