Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Goal #11: Try 75 New recipes (13/75), Hair Cut and Crocheting

I used to get the Simple and Delicious magazine that is put out by Taste of Home. I still go back through these magazines quite often. I have written down the recipes I liked on the front with the page number for quick reference. I pulled one out on Sunday and managed to make my entire menu for the week from this one magazine. Last night I made some eggrolls that looked really good. The best part about these was it was a 5 ingredients or less recipe. They turned out really well and the teriyaki sauce added a little something extra. Ryan didn't eat them but he did dip them in teriyaki sauce and lick it off. I tried...

Effortless Egg Rolls
Simple and Delicious (March/April 2009)
Reiman Media Group 2009

1/2 lb. bulk pork sausage
2 1/2 cups frozed stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed and chopped
1 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
10 egg roll wrappers
Oil for deep frying (I baked mine at 425 until they were crispy, turning several times)

In a large skillet, cook sausage and vegetables over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in teriyaki sauce.

Place 3 T. sausage mixture in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. (I found it best to moisten around all edges even before puttin the filling on the wrapper)

In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375 degrees. Fry egg rolls in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

I thought these were easy and pretty good. They are different than the traditional pork egg rolls with cabbage. I like the fact that I was getting a variety of healthy vegetables instead of just cabbage and carrots. The stir fry mix I bought had carrots, broccoli, red pepper, corn, water chestnuts, and snow peas.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few weeks ago we took Ryan to get a haircut at the barber shop Jimmy frequents. Ryan HATES the clippers so we had to give him a lollipop to distract him. This is the only time I will give him a lollipop...for now. It took him 3 hours but he ate the whole lollipop.

Here he is waiting his turn.


Getting ready for the buzz!!!


Thankfully the lady is quick!



All done!!


He looks like his Uncle John right after his hair is cuts. He's such a cutie. I love him so much!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friend Jess found a really cute pattern on the Bernat website. We worked on them at the same time and here's my finished product. This is going to a little girl for Easter.



I also crocheted a little Tooth Fairy Pocket for my neighbor's little girl who has a bunch of loose teeth.




1 comment:

  1. Your bunny looks great! Love the flower. ;) Sweet note from the tooth fairy, too.

    ReplyDelete