Thursday, March 17, 2011

Joy of Luck: Photography Challenge Day 1

My friend Jess has so many wonderful sites she frequents. She shared this photography blog with me the other day.

willettedesigns

Each month Willette (I'm assuming that's her name) will post photography lessons and challenges. This month it's the Joy of Luck. I received my email last night for day 1.

The challenge: "What inanimate object/thing/concept is something that you take for granted on a daily basis?"

You are supposed to capture a picture and post it on their Flickr account and/or blog about it.

Some of her ideas for a "gift" are
  • Shot list
  • Education
  • Home
  • Water
  • Food
  • Basic necessities
  • Love
  • Physical affection
  • Company/friendship
  • Security/safety
  • Belief in your religion/God
  • A job!
  • Fertility
  • Health
  • Happiness
  • Loyalty
Here's what I came up with.....




Marriage, holy matrimony, security, monogamy whatever you want to call it. I think I take this for granted. Had I not met Jimmy the day I did, I would probably never know him at all. I don't think every single day "I'm Married. I have someone to keep me company, to keep me safe, to put food on our table, to keep me sane when the world is crashing down." I know it's all there but I don't consciously think about it each and every day. After 6 1/2 years of marriage I guess it's easy to take marriage for granted. Especially when it is so good! I am so thankful to God that he blessed me with such a wonderful marriage.

1 comment: