Friday, March 25, 2011

Goal #75: try 75 new recipes (17/75)

I found this recipe on Weelicious and since Ryan won't eat avocados diced up but he will eat bananas I figured I'd give it a try.

Avocado Shake (for the video)

Avocado Shake (Serves 2)
1 Ripe Avocado, peeled and pitted
1 Cup Milk (I used unsweetened vanilla rice milk)
1 Large Ripe Banana
1 Large Hand full of Ice

1. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree
2. Serve.
*This recipe is for a thick shake. Add more milk if you want it thinner.


Ryan had Lea over for a playdate and both of them sucked this shake down and asked for more. I froze the leftover in an ice cube tray.




I tasted it and at first it just tastes like a banana shake but there is that little avocado taste at the end. I should probably be drinking this every day since my leg cramps are getting bad at night. Apparently avocados have more potassium than bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment