Friday, March 11, 2011

Goal #53: Cook 3 things from every cookbook I own (12 /?Haven't counted yet)

Last night I made these brussel sprouts. They were really good. I didn't have pancetta so I used bacon. Even if you don't like brussel sprouts try this recipe because the bacon really takes away the "bite" that some people say brussel sprouts have. I could eat brussel sprouts with just butter, salt and pepper so I don't mind that bite. Also, my broth never really reduced so I just drained most of it off before adding the bacon back in the pan. I didn't want to overcook the sprouts.

From Everyday Italian Cookbook by Giada De Laurentiis
Clarkson Potter/Publishers
Copyright 2005 by Giada De Laurentiis

Brussel Sprouts with Pancetta

Ingredients

Directions

Partially cook the Brussels sprouts in a large pot of boiling salted water, about 4 minutes. Drain.


Meanwhile, heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and saute until beginning to crisp, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and saute until pale golden, about 2 minutes. Add the Brussels sprouts to the same skillet and saute until heated through and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the broth and simmer until the broth reduces just enough to coat the Brussels sprouts, about 3 minutes. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment