Thursday, December 22, 2011

A few Crafts


I made these bird feeders (below) the other day. I got the idea off of Pinterest. Visit www.eighteen25.blogspot.com for the tutorial! I haven't seen any birds pecking at them yet but there are THOUSANDS of birds across the street in the nature preserve and I know for sure there is a bird living in our bushes. It scared Jimmy when it flew out of the bush when he was putting up Christmas lights in the dark.
 




And then, I took some wrapping paper, placed a piece of wax paper over it and traced out some birds with black puff paint. I let it dry overnight, peeled it off carefully and put it in a new frame I got at IKEA (the frame will be repainted eventually). This frame had two pieces of thin plastic you sandwich your photo between.


Total Cost: $1 (I had the puff paint and wax paper on hand)



I also discovered that these puff paint designs will stick to glass, the wall, paper, etc. without leaving marks when you peel it off. I've already traced a big elephant from a coloring book to put on the wall in Ryan's room. Think: vinyl wall decals but more delecate.

2 comments:

  1. Fun stuff! Love the bird feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birdfeeders are so cute! Have you had any birds trying to eat them yet? I'm thinking the kids could make these on track out at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete