Saturday, December 17, 2011

Goal #11: Try 75 new recipes (34 & 35/75)

I tried two new recipes today.

This morning I made these little gems. Mini cinnamon rolls! They are called 8 Minute Mini Cinnamon Rolls but they take longer than 8 minutes. Especially when you have a 2 year old helping. Ryan loves helping out in the kitchen. He got to sprinkle on the brown sugar.

I added a little bit of vanilla to my icing. Also, you can get crescent dough sheets so you don't have to pinch the seams together. I just rolled it out a little bit.

I can't say these are as good as the Cinnabon cinnamon rolls you get in a can but they are definitely good and easy to make.

Tonight I made pork chops. Ryan calls them chop chops. I recently got a cast iron griddle/grill to use on the gas stove. The grill makes wonderful pork chops!

Normally I make a marinade for the pork chops with mustard (spicy or yellow), red wine vinegar, garlic, olive oil, fresh rosemary, salt and pepper.

But tonight I used this recipe.

Even though I didn't marinate for 2 hours (more like 30 minutes), the pork chops came out juicy and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment