Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Goal #53: Cook 3 things from every cookbook I own (16 & 17/?Haven't counted yet)

My wonderful mom sent me a package with lots of goodies in it the other day. Well, actually she sent me two! I was very excited to get this-

after my post about going to a shooting range. It's my old bow and some arrows. She is very thoughtful and always full of surprises. It's a wee bit cold to shoot outside but I've heard there are some ranges in the area besides the one at Bass Pro Shop.

She also sent me a new cookbook. It is the Southern Living 2011 Annual Cookbook. I've already made two recipes out of it. If she keeps sending me cookbooks I'll never complete this goal. (I do love them though mom!!) I really need to count and see how many I have.

Goal #53: Cook 3 things from every cookbook I own #16

Baked Potato Soup (Link)

This was so easy! Since I didn't have to peel, cut and boil the potatoes it was so much faster than the recipe I usually use. I did add diced carrot and celery and I added cheese (cheddar and some Italian blend) in when I added the milk. I fried up some bacon and crumbled it for a topping along with green onion and a few fresh parsley leaves. Delicious and easy! A winner!

Goal #53: Cook 3 things from every cookbook I own #17

Chicken-and-Tortellini Salad (Link)

I made this last night and although the salad is very pretty, I wasn't a big fan. I guess I realized that I don't like that much fresh parsley. 1/2 cup is a little much for me. Jimmy didn't complain but I could tell he wasn't totally digging it either. Oh well. You never know if you will like something if you don't try it right?

No comments:

Post a Comment