Saturday, September 11, 2010

Goal #78: Eat at 5 local restaurants #1

For lunch Jimmy wanted to try out All Aboard Pizzeria in the Harris Teeter Shopping center.

We were promptly seated but they didn't have any more high chairs. 3 total in the place.. Lucky for us Ryan didn't want to be held and screamed when Jimmy tried to make him sit still on his lap.

Finally my brain got going and I went and got the stroller. After a little struggle, Ryan's tushy was at home in a very familiar seat and probably more comfortable than those wood highchairs anyway.

We ordered a medium pepperoni pizza. When Jimmy served me the first piece it just about fell apart. I guess the crust was too thin and was super soggy from the grease. I remembered why I hardly ever eat pepperoni pizza. You can drink the grease off of it.

I was a little disappointed until I got to the edge of the crust.

The part with no toppings.

Oh, my, gosh! The crust was amazing.

You could smell the yeast but it wasn't overpowering the taste. I love really yeasty bread and pizza crust and this crust did it for me.

I tried out another piece. I guess since it was cooled down a little it held up better. The pizza was actually good but I just could not get over their crust. When we were down to the last small piece I was too full to take it. I told Jimmy if he wasn't going to eat it then I just wanted him to cut off the crust for me.

That's my favorite part of a pizza anyway. You can keep your cheese, greasy pepperoni or whatever toppings and just give me the crusts! I can't believe people actually eat everything but the crust.

Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment