Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ryan's Birthday Weekend - Part 1

On Friday we had some family come into town for Ryan's birthday. Ryan had a ball playing with all the kids even though he was sick. He was running a very high fever, was pretty lethargic, and didn't have much of an appetite. I took him to the doctor Friday afternoon and they ran a bunch of tests that were horrible!!


He was still running a fever Friday night and Saturday morning so I had to take him back in that afternoon. Luckily he was ok for his Birthday party on Sunday!


The party turned out great!

After changing my mind about a billion times regarding the theme of the birthday party I finally settled on blue and lime green cupcakes.

Here are some of the decorations:


I made this wreath to hang on the front door. I plan on painting the age on the number each year. I found this idea HERE. The yellow sign says "Happy Birthday" and 9-19.



I found a cupcake outline and traced them on the tablecloths with paint pens. The green tablecloths had blue cupcakes and the blue tablecloths had green cupcakes.


I made these pom poms to hang at the party. I found these on Martha Stewart's website. They were so simple and cheap.

Here's the plate I painted at a "paint a pot" place called Crazy Glaze. I plan on using this for his birthday every year.

The birthday banner in the picture was not the banner I used for the party. It turned out to be too small but I thought it was cuter than the other one I made.

The party favors were Whirly Pops I had to order online and I got the stickers personalized by the Polka Dot Paper Shop on Etsy.com. They turned out so cute!! I ordered 20 too many of the lollipops so the trick or treaters are going to get them this year!


They say "Thanks for making my birthday special! Love, Ryan"


Here's the other banner I made. I found the tutorial HERE (I didn't use the distressing ink though). I got the banner from my neighbor (Thanks Lisa!!) and it was the right color so I only had to trace every other letter in the green paper. It was a Spongebob banner before I deconstructed it. I used the cupcake outline to make the ending circles and middle divider.



The balloons were just lime green and blue with a #1 on them.



He had two Mylar balloons. A GIANT #1 (it's hard to see here) and a GIANT cupcake. I am definitely saving these to use again. Those suckers were not cheap! The girl at Party City said I could deflate them by putting a straw in the hole and rolling the air out.

I'll post all the birthday pictures shortly...

No comments:

Post a Comment